Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar Nominations

Oscar nominations can be found here.

Once again, I have seen only one of the multinominated-in-the-major-categories movies, Juno. I am surprised that it got nominated for Best Director, as many were saying Jason Reitman would be passed over. I am disappointed that The Simpsons Movie didn't get a nod for Best Animated Film, especially since Surf's Up did get a spot. I mean, really, are we still that much in love with animated talking birds? Then again, I am a Simpsons fanboy, and I think Persepolis will win that award, considering it is more current (in timing and subject matter) than Ratattouile.

Anyways, who knows that form or shape the Oscars will take this year, with the Writers Strike? When we get closer to knowing if the show will go on, I will post my predictions

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home