Saturday, October 21, 2006

Adoption Crazy

Recently, Madonna adopted a boy from an African coutnry, following in the footsteps of Angelina Jolie and Sharon Stone.

Is it just me, or has it seemed like female celebrities are treating these adoptions as the hot new thing to do? Every time I turn around, I hear some famous person is going to some Third-World country to pick up a child. If this was about pet rocks, people would call it a fad.

Why is it that women celebrities, many of them who have their own natural offspring are adopting? In fact, most of the celebrities I hear associated with these rumors and actions already have one or two children. Why do they go to the Third-World to adopt, when there are plenty of needy children left in orphanages here in the States? I believe it is because the whole ordeal is just another means to generate publicity. Everywhere Angelina goes, I see she has her kids with her, but it seems more akin to bringing an accessory than someone you care for.

Rumor has it that even Britney Spears is looking at adopting a baby, to follow in the footsteps of her idol Madonna. Huh? She just gave birth and already has a one year old kid, does she really think she needs another mouth to feed? I am honestly very confounded by these chains of events.

I hope the insanity stops soon. With each person who picks up a kid like they are shopping for groceries makes me roll my eyes in frustration.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home